Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let's Get Clinical!

Hey there, reader. How are ya? This past week has been a little crazy with a capital "C" but things are calming down now, and for that I am so thankful. Between helping out at my family's restaurant, doing treatments, taking meds and basic hygiene I flop into bed every night completely spent. Anyways, enough whining, let me tell y'all the good news. Drum roll...

My CF clinic visit was last Friday and it went FANTASTIC! My lung function is sitting pretty at 104%, that's right, one hundred and four percent! My appointment lasted for three hours and I don't know if I have ever felt so at ease with my care team. Everything was just great. I am in love with my new doctor! He is everything I am looking for as an adult with CF; organized, articulate, understanding, and determined. My doc did order a new and more advanced sputum culture to check the antibiotic levels and resistances in my lungs. That test will decide where my care plan goes from here and the results should be back in 4-6 weeks, which is when I will be at the CF clinic again. AND I didn't even get in trouble for my weight loss. I was really surprised considering I'd lost another two pounds, but my nutritionist reassures me that my BMI is still perfect so she has no qualms at this point. I couldn't help but feel like I dodged a bullet there!

So that's that. I'm healthy as a horse! Not really, but in CF terms I'm doing pretty great and I feel really good these days. It's nice to feel normal.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates! I love em! Even if there are only a few of us reading! Also love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading M! Love that you're a subscriber. :)

    ReplyDelete