Wednesday, February 8, 2012

X-Ray Vision

Whenever I go to get x-rays I always walk out thinking I know how to read them. False. So so so false. Last time I tried to read my chest x-rays I thought the large mass in my left lung was some awful infection... nope, just my heart. Of course, I worried about it for two whole weeks up until I saw my doctor. You think I would have learned my lesson, right? Once again, false.

Today I went to get a chest x-ray. I brought the films home with me so I can make sure they get to the CF clinic with me for my February 17th appointment. At first I swore off any peeking at the films considering my last attempt. That oath lasted all of 32 seconds. The first thing I saw when I peeked was my port, this being the first time I'd seen it on x-ray, and i was surprised by how strange and alien it looks inside me! That was a weird moment for me. I think my lungs look about the same as they did last time we x-rayed... I think. I always get nervous when I see "cob webs" in my lungs (my doctor's words, not mine), a.k.a. the foggy, murky, web-like stuff. I can never tell if it means scaring, infection, or just plain bronchial tubes. We shall see!

I don't know how to read these x-rays, that much is obvious, but I do love looking at them. I can only hope that my doctor shares the sentiment when I see him next week.

Any radiologists out there? Here's an exclusive look at my lungs for my awesome readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment