Sunday, February 12, 2012

An Update For the Sake of Updating

At a family dinner tonight I was informed that I don't update my blog nearly as much as I should. I agree. My excuse? Writing down what is happening in my life sometimes seems like the most stressful thing in the whole wide world. Silly, I know, but sometimes it cripples my little typing fingers. So that's my story. Sorry to my sweet cousin M who checks out my little bliggity blog often; I'll try to write more. Like now...

Tonight I have nothing pressing or exciting to report. The start of this month (a Tobi month) brought a total of four antibiotics to my system. Tobi months are never easy but the addition of a fourth antibiotic really made it tough. As of last night I'm back down to two, a little more manageable. YAY is all I can say.

I do want to mention how thankful I am for my sweet family. Specifically, those who attended a fundraiser last night for a fellow CFer. My Cyster, Tabitha, is dealing with end stage CF and therefore has started raising money for a double lung transplant. I am unable to attend any of her fundraisers since CFers can't be together without creating a bacterial swap meet. It makes me sad that I wasn't there for my friend but the fact that my cousins and uncle were there makes me feel a gazillion times better.

What's on the agenda this week? CF CLINIC of course! Friday, February 17th to be exact. Pretty exciting business if you ask me. I've been feeling really, really great lately. My only concern is my weight. :/ It is very important for CFers to maintain their weight at all times. Let me say that again, it is very important for CFers to maintain their weight at all times. Weight loss not only draws concerned looks and lectures from your doctors, it also indicates disease progression or exacerbations. Neither of which will earn you any brownie points. My usual weight at my doctor's office is 140-143 and my CF doc is very happy with that number. When I went to the office in December I only weighed 136. *Gasp* I got a skeptical look and was told that if I don't gain back those pounds over the holidays we would have to do something. Like I said, I feel great so I can hope that the all-knowing scale reflects that.

I wish all of my sweet, supportive friends and family a fantastic week and a Happy Valentine's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment