Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer Adventure #1: Salem Wedding!

Like I said in an earlier post, this summer was INSANE. We had two weddings to attend in two different states, one of which my dad was officiating. Our first summer adventure was wedding number one in Salem, OR (not officiated by my father).


We drove up on a Tuesday and returned home the following Tuesday. Cierra, my dad, and I had a truly amazing time! The Jenkins also came up for the wedding (bonus!). The word that comes to mind when thinking about this trip is "fulfilling". While the folks that I call my "Oregon Family" aren't actually blood, I feel at home whenever I'm near them. And Salem, I kid you not, is one of the most beautiful and wonderful places on Earth. If you haven't visited you're missing out.


Ce and I spent almost every day helping out with pre-wedding craziness and preparations. It was a busy week but so worth it. I already miss my favorite Oregonians so much! Here are a few pictures from the wedding reception courtesy of the lovely Terry Jenkins (since my summer aversion to responsibility and commitment obviously extended to picture-taking). The wedding was perfect and reflected just how amazing the bride and groom are.

Summer adventure #1 = SUCCESS!


Emily, me,  & Cierra in our purdy dresses.

This picture made my day. Hilarious!

We so dang cute.
Familia!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Look at the thorn between 2 roses in the "Familia" picture. OK....he actually looks pretty good too. Ugh.
    -M

    ReplyDelete