Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's About IV Time

I've finally been approved for home healthcare thanks to the hard work of my doctor and social worker! I'll head over to Arlington Clinical tomorrow at one and they'll access my port for the first time. Woo! After they access the port and secure the new line I will be free to go home and hook up my antibiotics.

While I'm both grateful and happy to have all these amazing people on my side and finally get this insurance fiasco behind me, a three week course of IV's doesn't excite me at all. Plus, it's a TOBI month starting tomorrow. Tobramycin, a bi-monthly antibiotic I inhale through my nebulizer, wipes me out on a normal day. The combination of 28 days of TOBI and 21 days of two different IV antibiotics is definitely going to take it's toll on me. So here's to my last carefree (sort of) night for a few weeks. I think I'll spend it watching reruns of my favorite TV shows!

The light at the end of this three week tunnel is a road trip to Salem, Oregon with my sister. A giant woo hoo for that!! We're headed Northwest for the wedding of two close friends and to spend some quality time with our favorite Oregonians. My dad and godparents will be flying up too. Saying I can't wait would be an understatement. We always have an awesome time in Salem!

Besides being a little nervous about tomorrow, I'm doing pretty good. I feel great aside from some exhaustion that just won't go away. I've been so blessed to spend a lot of time with Allie, DJ, Terry, and Dave throughout this whole process. They always know just how to brighten my day or take my mind off of things. Aunt Maria has also been a rockstar. Calling daily to check on me or just listen to me whine, she's been there. I love these people! And everyone who reads these ramblings. :)

Hoping that tomorrow will be an easy day and the access won't be too uncomfortable. I'll blog about it and let everyone know! Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment